Beginning in 2008, Filamujuani came from a passion to help eliminate poverty creatively-by teaching young people how to tell their stories using digital media. We believe that telling your own story is not only cathartic but also uplifting and a life skill worth having.
For almost a decade we have taught and mentored students through a foundation in media arts program that focuses on filmmaking, photography, and graphic design After completing our program students go onto internships and ultimately employment changing their lives forever.
Through the education of digital media, Filamujuani exists to provide the opportunity for youth to tell their stories and earn money so that they can better their future.
- Students are able to continue their education and support their family with money earned from employment.
- Students exposure to crime in their community is reduced.
- Students gain practical work experience to add to their resume.
- Students learn life skills and are prepared to enter the workforce.
- Graduates are able to secure employment working for T.V. shows, documentaries, and adverts.
Our vision is to be the premiere multimedia training institute in Africa with students who are creating world class content.
Filamujuani empowers youths from vulnerable communities to become economically self- sufficient by providing education through the lens of a camera.
There is so much pride when our students are able to pay their own way through school from the work they are doing. They know that they have what it takes to make it in the world and that they do not have to beg for a hand out or donations. With the rising youth unemployment in most African countries there is need for the youth to start seeing themselves as job creators. They need to be the people who can see opportunities and needs in their communities and address them.